- 3 pounds chicken wings, split
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup BBQ sauce of your choice, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more if needed
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeño, or more as desired
- 1 scallion, chopped finely, light and dark green parts only, for garnish
Preheat the broiler on high. Wash and pat dry the wings. On a foil-lined baking sheet or pan, toss the wings with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook for about 12-15 minutes total, turning halfway, until they've reached your desired level of crispiness.
A few minutes before the wings are finished, heat the butter in a saucepan over low heat. When melted, add the BBQ sauce, honey and cayenne. Stir to combine, then add the jalapeño and stir. Cook until warmed through, adding more honey or BBQ sauce as needed to reach your desired level of sweetness or spiciness.
Remove the wings from the oven and toss immediately with the sauce. Garnish with the scallions and serve.