Spiced Peanut Butter Caramel Pie Recipe
The rich flavors of peanut butter and caramel in this pie are accented with an aromatic medley of spices. It's very light texture, almost mousse-like, keeps you coming back for more.
- 1 3/4 Cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Teaspoons apple pie spice
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1/4 Cup caramel dessert topping
- 1/2 Cup chopped peanuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix crumbs and ginger in medium bowl. Stir in butter until well blended. Press crumb mixture evenly into bottom and up sides of lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth. Beat in apple pie spice and vanilla until well mixed. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spoon into cooled crust. Drizzle with dessert topping. Using knife, gently swirl topping into pie until marbled. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.