The dressing in this easy and delicious tuna and rice salad is packed with crunchy corn, hearty black beans and other Southwestern flavors of freshly squeezed lime juice, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and fresh cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Paster, West of the Loop.
- 2 cans albacore tuna with jalapeños and olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Cup cooked corn kernels (thawed if using frozen)
- 1 1/2 Cup cooked white rice
- 1/4 Cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 7-ounce can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl combine tuna, beans, onion, tomatoes and corn and stir to combine.
If using leftover rice, heat in the microwave.
If using freshly cooked rice, add while still warm.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil and two teaspoons sauce from the can of chipotle peppers in adobo.
Dice one chipotle pepper and add it to the dressing.
Reserve the rest of the can.
While rice is still warm, pour dressing over the ingredients in the bowl.
Add chopped cilantro and toss to combine.
Season well with salt and pepper and add more lime juice if needed.
Can be ahead and stored in fridge, just bring to room temperature before serving.