Smoked Salmon Appetizer Recipe
An easy-to-assemble appetizer that is wonderful served both at evening cocktail parties, or for mid-day feasts. You can make the dressing in advance to save time the day of your event.
- 1 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Thin pumpernickel bread slices, for serving
- Smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- Salmon caviar, optional
To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients together. To assemble, slather dressing on toasted pumpernickel bread thins, top with sliced smoked salmon, and garnish with salmon caviar, if desired.