Marvelous and meatless, this chili is still hearty enough to warm the heart and belly of any chili lover. The chipotle chili powder gives this slow cooker recipe the kick it needs to make it an instant favorite for vegetarians with a penchant for spicy foods. We are positive you are going to love this homey and satisfying meal.
— Shelby Kinnaird
Click here for more recipes from the Diabetic Foodie.
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Cups kidney beans, cooked from dried beans (or use rinsed canned beans)
- 10 Ounces frozen corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 avocados, diced just before serving
Combine all ingredients except avocado in a slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, then on LOW for 3 hours. (You could also cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.) Serve with avocado.