- Olive oil
- 2 thirty-two ounce boxes vegetable broth
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed, peeled, and cut into cubes
- 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 5 carrots, washed, peeled, and cut
- 3 fifteen-and-a-half-ounce cans beans, such as BUSH'S Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 fifteen-and-a-half-ounce-can beans, such as BUSH'S Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, washed, seeded, and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Cup barley, uncooked
- 1/2 Cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 twenty-eight-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 fourteen-and-a-half-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon chipotle chile pepper powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 Teaspoons homemade taco seasoning
- 4 Teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, coarsely chopped
- 1 seven-ounce can diced green chilies
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cornbread or tortilla chips, for serving
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, for serving
- Diced onion, for serving
Prepare crockpot (7 quarts or larger) by lightly wiping inside with olive oil.
Add all ingredients into crockpot, (besides the toppings for serving) and stir together, cover.
Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours. If you're home when making, stir ingredients every few hours.
Serve warm with cornbread or tortilla chips.
Top with sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, diced onions, jalapeños, avocado, or tomatoes.