Sweet and Spicy Monkey
Serve with chips and salsa and top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, diced avocados, jalapenos, or tomatoes. And if you're feeling really motivated, whip up some cornbread to serve on the side.
For more great recipes like this one, visit Sweet and Spicy Monkey.
- 1 Pound turkey meat, boneless, skinless breast or strips
- 22.6 Ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 Cup fresh salsa
- 12 Ounces frozen corn
- 15 Ounces can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 Ounces can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 14 Ounces can diced organic tomatoes
- 7 Ounces can diced green chiles
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon oregano
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese, shredded (for topping)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Grease the inside of your slow cooker, bottom and sides, with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Add the turkey to your slow-cooker, along with the remaining ingredients. Stir together to combine.
Cover and cook on the low setting for 4 to 6 hours.
Remove turkey meat and shred using 2 forks. Place the shredded turkey back into slow-cooker.
Continue cooking on Low setting for another 30 to 45 minutes, covered.
Serve the soup in individual bowls topped with sour cream, cheddar cheese, diced avocado, salsa, diced jalapenos, and tortilla chips or cornbread.