- 6 artichokes, washed, tops sliced off and stemms trimmed
- 1 Cup whole-grain bread crumbs
- 1/2 Cup grated, reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Spread artichoke leaves and fill pockets generously with mixture.
Place artichokes in the slow cooker and add about an inch of water to the bottom. Drizzle olive oil over the artichokes. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours, until the leaves are tender.