- 4 Teaspoons McCormick Gourmet Organic Cumin Seed
- 1 1/2 Pound lean beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 3/4 Cup Kitchen Basics All Natural Original Beef Stock
- 1 can of frozen apple juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon McCormick Gourmet All Natural Ground Jamaican Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Organic Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium apples, such as Golden Delicious or Jonagold, peeled, cored and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
Heat small skillet on medium heat.
Add cumin seed; cook and stir about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Immediately pour out of hot pan to avoid over-toasting. Set aside
Coat meat with flour.
Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium-high heat.
Add meat in batches; cook 5 minutes or until browned.
Place meat and remaining ingredients in slow cooker; toss to coat well. Cover.
Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Thicken with additional flour, if desired.