Get together in the fast lane with a slow-cooked munchie. These shredded chicken nachos will change the way you look at your slow cooker.
- 2 Pounds (about 10) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (1 ounce ) package. taco seasoning mix, such as Old El Paso
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles Old El Paso
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 10 ounce restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 1 Cup shredded colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 3/4 Cups chunky salsa, such as Old El Paso
- 1/4 Cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 Cup sliced ripe or green olives
- 1 lime, cut into 12 wedges
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 Cups sour cream
Place chicken thighs in 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Top with beans, tomatoes, chiles and lime juice.
Cover; cook on Low setting for 7 to 8 hours.
Just before serving, place all topping ingredients in individual serving dishes. Remove chicken from slow cooker; place on large plate. Mash beans in slow cooker. Shred chicken with 2 forks; return to slow cooker and mix well.
To serve, have guests place chips on serving plates; spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto chips. Top nachos with desired toppings. Chicken mixture can be held on Low setting for up to 2 hours.