Safely cooked sausage can be pink inside. This can be caused by the cooking method or added ingredients. To ensure that sausage is safe to eat, use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature has reached 165° F.
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Pound raw pork kielbasa, such as Ostrowski of Bank Street, Inc. Fresh Polish Kielbasa
- 1 package (2 pounds) sauerkraut, drained
- 1 medium apple, such as Honeycrisp or Gala, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Teaspoons McCormick® Whole Caraway Seed
- 4 Teaspoons McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon McCormick® Celery Salt
- 1 Teaspoon granulated sugar
- 6 McCormick® Bay Leaves
Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.
Add kielbasa in whole ring; cook 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned but not cooked through.
Remove kielbasa to cutting board.
Cut kielbasa into 2-inch chunks.
Place in 6-quart slow cooker.
Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl until blended.
Top kielbasa with sauerkraut mixture.
Cook 4 hours on HIGH, stirring halfway through cooking.