Throw all the ingredients into the slow-cooker at once, and it will make this kicked-up corn chowder for you. Plus, the smoky chorizo and the spicy poblano chilies make this soup especially delicious.
- 4 Cups Swanson Chicken Broth, or similar product
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 cans (about 14.5 ounces each ) cream style corn
- 1 large potato, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large poblano chile, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 Pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves and/or thighs, cut into cubes
- 1/2 Pound chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Stir the broth, sugar, canned corn, potato, chiles, thawed corn, chicken and sausage in a 6-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
Stir in the cream and cilantro.