This hearty minestrone stew calls for garden vegetable soup (such as Progresso Vegetable Classics), turkey Italian sausage, and gluten-free macaroni. It’s easy to customize with an vegetables, legumes, or herbs you happen to have on hand.
- 1 package (19.5 ounce) gluten-free sweet Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 cans (18 ounceeach) garden vegetable soup, such as Progresso Vegetable Classics
- 1/2 cup gluten-free shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (15 ounce) garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 1 cup uncooked gluten-free elbow macaroni (about 4 ounces)
- 1 Teaspoon gluten-free Italian seasoning
- 1 can (28 ounce) organic diced tomatoes, undrained, such as Muir Glen
In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix sausage and all remaining ingredients except macaroni and cheese.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 hours.
Stir macaroni into slow cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 20 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.