- One 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 medium-sized carrots, diced
- 2/3 Cups diced celery
- 2/3 Cups diced onion
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground pepper
- 2 Teaspoons rosemary
- 2 Teaspoons thyme
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 4 Cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Cups water
- Handful of spinach, stemmed
- 1/2 Cup orzo
- Parmesan, for serving (optional)
Combine all of the ingredients except for the spinach, orzo, and Parmesan in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 5-6 hours. About 1 hour before the chicken is done, shred the chicken with a fork. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the orzo pasta according to the package directions.
About 5 minutes before serving, add the spinach and orzo pasta. Wait for the spinach to wilt. Top the soup with a little Parmesan cheese, if using.