Cold foods freeze faster than hot foods. Putting hot food in the freezer also increases the freezer temperature, risking the defrosting of the other foods. Refrigerate an uncovered dish to cool quickly.
- 1 and 1/2 pounds PERDUE® Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 Cups jarred roasted salsa verde
- 6 Ounces Mexican beer
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- Cooked rice, optional
- Corn tortillas, optional
- Corn and black bean salsa, optional
- Optional Toppings: Cilantro leaves, Chopped tomatoes, Diced avocado, Lime wedges, Sour cream, Sriracha sauce, Shredded cheddar cheese
Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Add the roasted salsa verde, beer, onions, cumin, salt and pepper. Gently stir to coat the chicken evenly.
Cover and cook on low heat 6 hours. The chicken is done when it easily shreds with two forks.
With two forks, shred the chicken in the slow cooker, tossing with the salsa juices.
Serve over corn tortillas with rice and any toppings you desire.