While you're at work, your slow cooker is working, too, simmering this flavorful chicken and rice meal. Golden curry powder, a combination of 15 flavorful ground spices, provides a warm flavor twist to this delicious recipe.
This recipe is courtesy of McCormick.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast, halves, skin removed
- 1 Tablespoon McCormick® Curry Powder
- 1 package of McCormick® Chicken Gravy Mix
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, unpeeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup raisins
- 1/4 Cup McCormick® Chopped Onions
- 2 McCormick® Bay Leaves, broken in half
- 1/2 Teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup instant rice
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut each breast half into 2 pieces.
Sprinkle chicken with curry powder.
Gradually stir Gravy Mix into broth in slow cooker until well blended.
Add seasoned chicken and remaining ingredients except rice; stir well. Cover.
Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH.
Gently stir in rice. Cover. Cook 15 to 20 minutes longer on HIGH or until rice is tender.
Remove bay leaves before serving.