For a thicker sauce, prepare as directed, except whisk in 2 tablespoons cornstarch with the heavy cream.
- 1 package of McCormick® Slow Cookers Chicken Pot Pie Recipe & Seasoning Mix
- 1 Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Cup chopped celery
- 1 Cup Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose baking mix
- 3 Tablespoons milk
Place chicken, potatoes, onion and celery in slow cooker.
Mix Seasoning Mix and stock in bowl until blended.
Pour over chicken and vegetables; stir to coat. Cover.
Cook 7 hours on LOW or 3 hours on HIGH.
Stir in peas and carrots and heavy cream.
Mix baking mix and milk in small bowl until a soft dough forms.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture to form 5 dumplings. Cover.
Cook 1 hour longer on HIGH or until dumplings are cooked through.