- 1/2 Pound bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup light molasses
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 15 ounce cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained, ½ cup liquid reserved
Cook the bacon and onion in a skillet set over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp and onions are tender.
In a slow cooker, mix the bacon, onion, and remaining ingredients, including the reserved bean liquid. Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours.