This spaghetti is a carbohydrate-free one that you find in health stores. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea but it can be helpful when you want a "proper" plate of food for less than 100 calories. Don’t be put off by the weird smell when you first get it out of the packet — rinse the spaghetti thoroughly in warm water and the smell will disappear.
*Click to read more about slim spaghetti.
- 3 1/2 Ounces slim spaghetti*
- 1/2 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 3/4 Ounce baby leaf spinach
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 basil leaf, torn
- 1/8 Ounce Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Cook the slim spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Heat the olive oil in a wide saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute until just cooked. Add the cherry tomatoes, stir well, and cook for 4 minutes. Add the spinach to the pan, stir, then cover with a lid and cook for 1 minute more. Uncover the pan, stir in the slim spaghetti, and season it well with pepper. Stir in the balsamic vinegar. Let this cook through for 1 minute. Add the torn basil and serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan.