- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 4 Tablespoons basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 23 1/2 Ounces tomato and basil sauce, such a Prego Farmers’ Market Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 6 oven-ready lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Cup ricotta
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 3/4 Teaspoons grated lemon zest
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the pepper and onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini, squash, and remaining olive oil and cook for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in 2 tablespoons basil. Season to taste. Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the sauce and lasagna noodles. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the lasagna noodles are almost tender.
Stir the cheese, Italian seasoning, and lemon zest together in a small bowl. Drop the cheese mixture in spoonfuls onto the lasagna mixture. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Sprinkle with the remaining basil.