Skillet Chicken and Rice
You'll need less than 45 minutes, some chicken broth, rice, and your family’s favorite frozen vegetable combination, to make a delectable one-skillet meal.
- 1 1/4 Pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
- 1 3/4 Cup chicken broth, such as Swanson® chicken broth
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 Cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 package (sixteen ounces) frozen California vegetable blend (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
Cook the chicken in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Stir the broth, basil and garlic powder in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in the vegetables. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.