- 1/2 Teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Cup water
- 1 1/2 Cup penne pasta
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Cup fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
In a 10-inch oven-safe skillet, saute garlic, pepper flakes, and salt&pepper in olive oil for about 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes, water, penne, and an additional 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring often, for about 20 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan, and basil. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.