Looking for a Latin-inspired appetizer dish to help liven up weeknight dinners? Then you'll want to try this easy tilapia ceviche (which we call "The 214 Ceviche" at the restaurant) that you can make ahead. The base mixture sits in the refrigerator for just 45 minutes, which frees you up to work on main dishes and sides.
- 2 1/2 Pounds tilapia, diced finely
- 1 Cup lime juice (about 10 limes)
- 1 Cup orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 1 Cup lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- 4 serrano peppers, sliced
- 1/4 Ounce ginger, minced
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 Ounces red onion, diced
- 5 Ounces Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/4 Pound avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 1/2 Ounces cilantro, chopped finely
In a large bowl, combine the tilapia, citrus juices, serrano peppers, ginger, olive oil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Let soak for 45 minutes. Then, combine with the remaining ingredients. Chill and serve.