Simple Beer-Battered Rockfish Tacos
This simple and delicious recipe for beer-battered rockfish tacos is courtesy of Sitka Salmon Shares.
- 1 Pound rockfish fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup rice flour
- 2 Teaspoons chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 Ounces beer of choice (we used Baranof Brewery’s Silver Bay IPA)
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce (we like Valentina)
- 8 -12 corn tortillas
- 2 Cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 Cups salsa
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 Cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Hot sauce
Mix the flours, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk while gradually adding the beer. Let the batter rest for 15 minutes in the fridge.
Coat fish pieces in batter. Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Fry battered fish in batches for about 4 minutes each, turning as needed.
Set aside. Heat corn tortillas in skillet or oven.
Assemble tacos to your liking with 3 or 4 pieces of fish, cabbage, salsa, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, and hot sauce. Feel free to choose your own accompaniments!