- 1 Pound fresh noodles (Chinese thin noodles are best, otherwise angel hair pasta is a great option)
- 3 Tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1/2 Pound shredded barbecue pork, store-bought or homemade*
- 1/2 Cup bok choy, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 Cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 Cup snow peas
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Chinese chile paste with garlic
Parboil the noodles in a pot of boiling water for 3 minutes. To make sure noodles do not stick, loosen up the noodles with chopsticks as they boil.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the pork, bok choy, carrots, broccoli, snow peas, and onion, and stir-fry until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Remove the vegetables to a platter.
Add the remaining ingredients, stirring until thickened. Add the pork and vegetables and stir well until the mixture comes to a boil. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve.