PointsPlus Sesame-Ginger Pasta Salad
Create a refreshing and healthy meal with some fresh cucumber, radishes, carrot, whole-wheat noodles, and a little Asian-inspired flair. It's a welcome departure from the usual pasta salads out there, often laden with heavy dressings and cheese.
- Salt, to taste
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti or buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup thinly sliced English cucumber (2-inch lengths)
- 3/4 cups thinly sliced and halved radishes
- 3/4 cups thinly sliced and halved carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion, white and green parts
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain the spaghetti, rinse under cold running water, and drain again. In a large serving bowl, whisk together the water, soy sauce, canola oil, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, sugar, and garlic until blended.
Add the pasta, ¾ cup of the cucumber, ½ cup each of the radishes and carrot, 3 tablespoons of the scallions, and 2 tablespoons of the peanuts and toss to combine. Top the salad with the remaining cucumber, radishes, carrots, scallions, and peanuts. Season with the red pepper flakes and serve.