Savory Pumpkin Spice Chili
A bowlful of chili with a hint of sweet pumpkin will make this fall meal even more comforting.
This recipe is courtesy of Urban Accents.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1 Ounce savory pumpkin spice chili seasoning, preferably Urban Accents
- 14 1/2 Ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 15 Ounces canned pumpkin purée
- 1 Cup water
- 15 Ounces canned Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Pour the olive oil into a stock pot set over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and cook onion, peppers, jalapeño, and garlic, until tender. Remove half of the vegetables and set aside.
Add the meat and cook until browned. Add pumpkin spice seasoning and stir until well combined. Add the tomatoes, pumpkin purée, and water. Stir together. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Add additional water if it’s too thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.