Note: You can turn this side dish into a main course by adding cooked pasta or spaghetti squash. Just toss in vegetables and enjoy!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 Teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- One 15-ounce can San Marzano whole tomatoes or diced tomatoes, with juices
Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, peppers, onion, and garlic.
Season with salt and pepper and toss. Next add in the parsley, basil, thyme, and, if using, the red pepper flakes. Cover and let the vegetables cook for 5 minutes.
Add in one can of tomatoes and bring to a boil. If using whole tomatoes, break apart using a wooden spoon. Lower to a simmer and cook until the tomato juices reduce.
Taste for additional seasonings, serve with your favorite main course.