- 4 Ounces olive oil, divided
- 1 piece of head on boneless trout
- Salt, to taste
- 2 vine ripe medium tomatoes, diced
- White pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped fine
- 1 piece of zucchini, seeds out, and cut into moons
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced very thin
- 2 Ounces capers (optional)
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 head Italian flat leave parsley, finely chopped (optional)
Preheat a large sauté pan, in pan place 2 ounces of olive oil. Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. Gently place fish skin side down in the hot pan with oil. Do not move the fish around the in pan.
Place the lemon wheels on top the fish and place in a 350-degree F oven for about 10-15 minutes or until desired doneness.
In another sauté pan add in 2 ounces of olive oil with chopped thyme in the pan for 30 seconds then place in the chopped zucchini with the onions and garlic cook for 4 minutes on medium heat then add onions, capers, and tomatoes seasonal with salt and pepper.
Continue cooking until the onions are translucent then add the fresh basil turn off the heat. Let set for 10 minutes.
For plating, pull the fish from the oven with a spatula place the fish on a large plate then add as much of the ratatouille on top of the fish as you would like I suggest 4 to 5 ounces. Garnish with the fresh parsley and enjoy.