To add a little kick (especially if you use sausage that's not spicy), add ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce.
You can make the sausage cheese balls ahead of time. Just place on pan, cover with foil, and reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F until heated through.
- 1 Pound bulk spicy sausage
- 2 Cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- ½ Teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 8-ounce can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, such as Pillsbury™
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
In a large bowl, mix the sausage, cheese, and rosemary; mix well using your hands or a spoon.
Unroll the crescent dough on a work surface; coat each side of the dough with 1 tablespoon flour. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough into about ¼-inch pieces. Mix the crescent dough pieces into the bowl of sausage mixture in small amounts until well blended.
Shape the mixture into 42 1¼-inch balls. Place in the pan. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes.