- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 1/3 Cup chunky hot salsa, drained
- 2 Teaspoons Tabasco chipotle sauce
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoons sour cream
- 2 Teaspoons chopped pickled jalapeños, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Coarsely crushed tortilla chips, for garnish
Combine the thoroughly mashed yolks with the salsa, Tabasco, onion, garlic powder, sour cream, and jalapeños. Taste, then season with salt and pepper.
Fill the whites evenly with the mixture, then refrigerate, covered tightly with plastic wrap, until ready to serve.
Just before serving, garnish each egg half with crushed tortilla chips.