Caramel corn is a classic snack, recalling days spent at the circus and massive tins of popcorn you get at the holidays. Turn those old-school flavors into something highly portable with these popcorn bars.
This recipe is courtesy of Orville Redenbacher’s.
- 1 bag microwavable popcorn, preferably Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet Naturals Simply Salted Microwave Popcorn
- 40 small pretzel twists, coarsely broken
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 3 Cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup crunchy peanut butter
Spray large bowl, rubber spatula, and 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all unpopped kernels.
In large bowl, place popped corn.
Add pretzel pieces to bowl.
In in medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
Add caramels, water, and salt.
Heat 5 minutes, or until caramels melt completely, stirring occasionally.
Add marshmallows and peanut butter; heat 1 to 2 minutes more, stirring until blended.
Pour caramel mixture over popcorn mixture.
Toss with rubber spatula to coat.
Press into baking dish; cool completely.
Cut into 24 bars.