- 8 Ounces piece of salmon, bones removed
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 4 Ounces smoked salmon, cut into thin strips, then cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1/4 Teaspoon chili powder or smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
Season the salmon lightly on both sides with salt. Steam salmon in a steamer basket until just cooked, about 8 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the heat and let cool.
In a medium-sized bowl, mash together the butter and olive oil with a fork until very smooth.
Stir the lemon juice, chopped chives, and smoked salmon into the butter and olive oil until well combined.
Remove the skin from the cooked salmon, and flake the salmon over the other ingredients. Sprinkle the chili powder on top, and fold everything together. Taste, and adjust seasoning as desired.
Scrape into a serving dish, cover, and chill for at least 2 hours. Let come to room temperature before serving.