- 1/2 Pound pappardelle pasta (or any other pasta)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Pinches of saffron threads
- 2 Pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 Roma tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 1/4 Cup white wine
- 1/4 Cup chicken stock
- 1 Cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan shavings
Start a large pot of water on high heat for boiling the pasta.
Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan on medium-high heat.
Add olive oil, garlic, onions, tomatoes, and bell pepper. Cook until onions are translucent (2-3 mins).
Turn heat up to high, add shrimp, and saute for 2-3 mins.
While shrimp is cooking, add saffron and red pepper flakes.
Once shrimp is cooked, remove with tongs and set aside.
Reduce heat and deglaze pan with white wine.
Once reduced, add the cream and chicken stock and simmer on low heat for 10 mins.
Serve hot and garnish with fresh herbs and shaved Parmesan cheese.