Rosemary-Lime Wild Alaska Salmon Kebabs
These light kabobs are a perfect complement for summer salads or on top of a bed of couscous or quinoa pilaf.
- 1 Pound wild salmon fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chopped rosemary leaves
- 1/3 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
Soak wooden or bamboo skewers in water for about 10 minutes prior to grilling.
Place the salmon, zucchini, bell pepper, and onion in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Whisk together the garlic, rosemary, olive oil, and lime juice in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the salmon and vegetables, toss, and marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill or broiler. Skewer the salmon and vegetables, reserving marinade, and grill or broil 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until salmon is cooked through and vegetables are tender. While cooking, boil the marinade in a small saucepan for 5 minutes. Drizzle over skewers and serve.