- 5 Large tomatoes, hollowed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Small onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 Small zucchini, finely diced
- 2 Cups cold cooked rice
- 14 Ounces black bean and corn salsa, such as Rojo's
- 1 Cup Mexican style shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Spray a 9-inch baking pan with pan spray and place tomatoes in it, hollow-side up.
In skillet, heat oil and sauté onion and zucchini until softened.
Stir in rice, Rojo’s Black Bean & Corn Salsa and 1/3 cup cheese and heat through.
Spoon about 1 cup salsa mixture into each tomato.
Top with remaining cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 5 servings.