Marshmallow-studded rocky road ice cream and chocolate cake combine for the perfect mug cake, a single serving dessert that’s easy to make. Add coffee to chocolate baked goods to really bring out the chocolatey flavor. Recipe courtesy of Seattle’s Best Coffee.
- 1/3 Cup flour
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2 ½ Tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 1/3 Cup coffee at room temperature, such as Seattles Best Coffee Signature Blend No. 3
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon peanuts (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon mini marshmallows
- 1 Tablespoon milk chocolate chips
- Whipped cream (optional)
In a large 16-ounce mug, stir the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt together with a fork. Add the coffee and stir. Add the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla and mix well.
Microwave on high for 3 minutes. The cake will puff in the microwave and deflate once removed. Top immediately with peanuts if using, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and/or whipped cream. Enjoy!