An easy roasted vegetable salad-on-a-stick will have even the pickiest of eaters munching on good-for-you broccoli, carrots, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower. This recipe comes from Hidden Valley Ranch and was created by Chef Bill Telepan, owner of Telepan and Telepan Local.
- 12 small broccoli florets
- 12 small cauliflower florets
- 12 Brussels sprout halves
- 12 1-inch pieces carrots, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1 Cup torn kale leaves
- 6 wooden skewers
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Toss the broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and carrots in olive oil and ½ teaspoon of the seasoning mix to coat evenly. Spread onto a sheet tray in a single layer. Roast until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette by shaking the red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, honey, and remaining ½ teaspoon seasoning mix together in a jar until well combined. Toss the vegetables and kale together with the dressing.
On each skewer, spear two pieces of each vegetable, alternating with torn kale leaves. Serve at room temperature or chilled.