Everybody loves potato salad, and this one is made even better by using roasted Idaho® potatoes, Red and Golden Delicious apples, and a lovely rosemary-mustard dressing.
- 3 Pounds Idaho® russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 each Golden/Red Delicious apples
- 1/3 Cup fresh squeezed lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Dijon-style mustard (optional)
- 8 Ounces walnuts, toasted and chopped
In a large bowl toss potatoes with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper; place on sheetpan and roast in 350°F convection oven 30-45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and cool. Cover and chill.
Wash, core and dice apples. Toss with potatoes in large bowl.
In small bowl whisk together lemon juice or vinegar and mustard until smooth and pour over potato-apple mixture and toss to coat well. Cover and chill.
Before serving, stir in walnuts and mix well. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Serve as a composed salad or platter salad (optional: serve on a bed of baby spinach).