Note: To toast pecans, cook in a small, dry skillet over medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled, cut lengthwise into thick fries
- 1 1/2 Pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices, separated into rings
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 piece (about 1 1/2-inches long) peeled ginger root, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 Cup crystallized ginger, crushed
- 1/4 Cup toasted pecan halves, chopped, see note
Heat oven to 425 degrees.
Place sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts and onion in a 13-by-9-inch baking pan; drizzle with the olive oil.
Add garlic, thyme, minced ginger root, salt and pepper to taste; toss to coat.
Roast, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, 35-40 minutes.
Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with crystallized ginger and pecans.