- With Harvestland Whole Broiler Legs, Boneless, Skinless, Forty#
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme, Finely Chopped
- 1 Lemon, Zested and Juiced
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Pound Fingerling Potatoes, Halved
- 1/4 Pound Carrots, Peeled and Halved Lengthwise
- 1/4 Pound Beets (Red or Golden)
- 2 Large Shallots, Peeled and Halved
- 6 Gloves Garlic, Peeled
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
Step 1: Brush
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, parsley, rosemary, thyme, lemon zest and juice. Brush 2 tablespoons of the herb oil over the skin of the chicken. Rub 2 tablespoons of the herb oil inside the cavity. Season chicken, inside and out, with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Place the lemon halves inside the cavity. Tuck the wings under the chicken and tie the legs together with kitchen twine. Place the chicken on a rack in a large roasting pan.
Step 2: Toss
In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, beets, shallots and garlic cloves. Toss with remaining herb oil mixture. Season the vegetables with remaining salt and pepper. Arrange the vegetables around the chicken in a single layer and then add the broth to the roasting pan.
Step 3: Roast
Roast for 15 minutes, and then reduce the heat to 350 degrees F. Baste the chicken with the pan juices every 20 minutes. Roast until the chicken juices run clear, the legs move easily when wiggled and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh registers 170 degrees F. This will take about 1¼ to 2 hours for a 3- to 4-pound broiler or 2½ to 3 hours for a 5- to 7-pound roaster. Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Step 4: Serve
Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Arrange the vegetables around the chicken. Serve the chicken with the pan juices.