The holidays are all about friends, family, and great food. To join in on the festivities, ALDI is holding daily challenge including recipes from pumpkin spice lattes to lobster mac and cheese.
If you’re looking for a sweet and salty appetizer, look no further than ALDI’s ricotta toast with pistachios and honey — just the bite-sized treats you need before the main course.
Share your ALDI creations with #MakeHolidaysHappen.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen.
- 10 slices Specially Selected French Baguette
- 3 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Stonemill Table Salt, plus additional to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon Stonemill Ground Black Pepper, plus additional to taste
- 1/4 cup Stonemill Parsley Flakes
- 15 ounces Priano Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Berryhill Honey
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut each slice of bread in half. In a medium bowl, toss with olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add parsley flakes, toss until coated.
On a baking sheet, lay each bread slice in a single layer. Toast for 4 minutes, flip, toast for 3 more minutes or until light golden brown.
In a small bowl, mix ricotta with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread ricotta onto each toast, sprinkle with pistachios and drizzle with honey.