Note: You can also use can tuna for this recipe. Just drain then use a fork to separate into small pieces.
- Two 4-ounce pieces fresh tuna
- Olive oil, as needed
- 2 Cups cooked rice
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice or white-wine vinegar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 Cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 Cup chopped basil, plus whole leaves for garnish
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Take each piece of tuna and drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper on each side.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Sear the tuna on each side until medium-rare, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and set on a clean cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into small pieces.
In a large serving bowl, add the tuna, rice, lemon juice or white-wine vinegar, capers, green scallions, parsley, basil, and toss together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and drizzle with a little olive oil. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.