Red Leaf Salad with Plums and Roasted Green Onion Dressing
Spicy radishes and radicchio stand up beautifully to the hearty flavor of this creamy dressing, made from roasted green onions, silken tofu, and white-wine vinegar. Fire up the grill to cook the onions, if you prefer.
- 6 green onions, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 Cup silken tofu
- 1/2 Cup toasted sliced almonds, divided
- 2 Teaspoons reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 Teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 plums, pitted and sliced
- 1 head radicchio, torn into pieces
- 1 head red leaf butter lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed and halved
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and halved
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Roast onions on a baking sheet until tender and golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes; let cool.
In a blender, purée onions, tofu, 2 tablespoons almonds, tamari, vinegar, and 2 to 3 tablespoons water until very smooth. In a large bowl, toss plums, radicchio, lettuce, carrots, radishes, remaining almonds, and dressing, and then serve.