- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/4 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 6 Ounces ramps, trimmed
- 1/4 Cup white wine
- 1 1/2 Ounce heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 quail egg
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a warm sauté pan. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until translucent. Then, add the ramps to the pan and toss until they begin to wilt.
Add the white wine and reduce by ½. Then, pour in the cream and reduce by ½ as well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove the ramps and place in a cast-iron dish. Top with the breadcrumbs and place under a broiler until golden brown.
Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a nonstick pan. Then, add the quail egg and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from the heat immediately (the quail eggs cook very quickly). Remove the ramps from the broiler and top with the quail egg.