The beauty of crostini as an appetizer is their flexibility. Here, radishes from the grocery store supplement a farm-fresh watermelon radish, and the results are still strong. Play with the ratio of cheese and the varieties of peppery radishes to find your perfect recipe.
- 2 Ounces Cheese, feta
- 8 Ounces goat cheese
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1-2 Tablespoon lemon oil, preferably Agrumato
- 1 Tablespoon garlic chives or scallions, chopped
- 1 watermelon radish
- 4 grocery store variety radishes
- 1 Tablespoon mint, chopped
- 8 whole mint leaves
- 8 slices, hearty whole-grain bread
Brush each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and grill on one side with sea salt and fresh pepper. In a food processor, combine cheeses, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon oil, and chives. Pulse until well mixed. Slice radishes very thin (mandolin recommended). Spread cheese blend evenly on toasted bread. Top with radishes. Garnish with mint and chives. Drizzle with a bit more oil. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and a bit of fresh black pepper.
Eat with a glass of My Essential Rosé in your other hand.