- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Cup quinoa
- 1/2 Cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 Cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. On a large, rimmed baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes, apples, shallot, and garlic with the olive oil. Roast until tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
In large saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the quinoa. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the water is absorbed, 17 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork.
In a large bowl, combine the quinoa and roasted vegetables. Add the toasted hazelnuts, dried cranberries, lemon juice, thyme, cinnamon, ginger, and some salt and pepper.