- 24 Cups water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- 2 packages dried Japanese soba noodles
- 6 Cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 Ounces luncheon meat, such as SPAM
- 3 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 3 bok choy, chopped
- 1 Cup green onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly poached
- 6 slices of Naruto for garnish
Combine the water and salt in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the soba noodles and boil for about 5 minutes, or until cooked al dente. Strain the noodles, and set aside.
Add the chicken broth and ginger to the large pot, and bring to a simmer. Then, reduce the heat to low, and add the soy sauce, sliced spam, carrots, bok choy, and green onions. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until cooked to your preference. Ladle the soup into 6 bowls, evenly distributing the toppings.
Add a poached egg to each bowl, and garnish with the Naruto slices. Serve.