This easy guacamole is as simple as chopping a few ingredients and then mixing them together. If you don't have time to chop, dice, and mince to the recipes specifications, try giving everything a rough chop — except the garlic, which you should pass through a garlic press or mince by hand — and then toss the ingredients in a food processor. After a few quick pulses you'll have a creamy and delicious dip.
- ½ small red onion, diced small
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced small
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados, mashed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
Combine the onion, garlic, tomato, jalapeño, and cilantro in a large bowl. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Fold in the mashed avocado. Add lime juice and salt, to taste.