Pumpkin Pie Grilled Cheese
Use this recipe, (page 153) as a guide for when you have leftovers and no idea how to spice them up.
- 1 ⁄2 store-bought 8” pumpkin pie, or 2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon sugar (see Harvest Fest recipe in Chapter 3 for cinnamon sugar details)
- 4 –6 tablespoons melted sweet butter, for grilling
- 4 slices cracked wheat bread, or brioche
- 1 Cup gorgonzola cheese, divided
Scoop filling out of half of pumpkin pie, leaving the crust behind.
In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin pie with cream cheese, cinnamon, and cinnamon sugar. Set aside.
Brush melted butter on the outside of the 4 slices of bread. In a sauté pan, place 2 slices of bread butter side down. Spread 1⁄2 of the pumpkin mixture on each slice of bread, followed by 1⁄2 cup of gorgonzola cheese per sandwich. Place the other 2 slices of bread on top, butter side up.
Let sandwiches cook on medium heat for 5 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown.
Cut on the diagonal and serve warm.